Monday, January 18, 2010

pylons.

Video: Victoria Salmon Kings Score Potential ECHL Goal of the Year -- NHL FanHouse

This has got to be one of the coolest goals I have ever seen.. I just saw it on SportsCentre. It was in the ECHL last night..which I always assumed stood for the East Coast Hockey League, but if theres a team in Victoria BC well then thats not very Eastern now is it! Anyways these guys will be laughing about this goal for the rest of their lives for sure..the guys that got made to look like pylons likely wont be though.

SO i went down to play some shinny during the all ages time and when i got there the zamboni was on. When it got doen and we finally got out on the ice we only got to play for 30 minutes and then the people in charge of the ice made the 12 or so guys that were out there get off so that 2 people could go for a leisurely skate. I get it they should have their time on the ice too... but the zamboni cut into our time by 30 minutes so then they should have just bumped it all back 30 minutes... right? blah anyway. Im going to make a huge batch of saghetti sauce tonight and Im kinda excited about it. lol. Ive never made a big batch of a sauce to have around before so i plan on making it awesome.

and then Im going to the gym. Im trying to get back in shape and like im pretty lucky cuz im naturally thin and stuff but i miss having muscles. hopefully it wont take too long.. my wrist feels pretty much better so gonna give it a go. I hope to be in the best shape of my life for when I go to Germany this summer for the Gay Games!! I cant wait.im going to have to save a lot of money but my team has done some pretty good fundraising so far. I'm going for ice hockey, and hoping to do better than the 2006 games in Montreal. We finished 4th, which im still a bit bitter about. It was a very even tournament and honestly anyone could have won. but we lost in the semi finals 1-0 against Montreal on a shot that went in from centre ice. GARBAGE! and then after losing that game we didnt really show up at all for the bronze game and got beat like 6-1 or 8-1 or something by a team from New Hampshire or something. But if im flying all the way to friggin Germany we better at least get into the final game. The tournament is in the summer from july31st to August 7th in Cologne, Germany. Anyone out there from Germany? I'll be needing some tour guides :)

1 comment:

  1. What sick hands! These guys must have slowed down time to move the puck like that, but it was definitely poor defense... I coach defense and I would have told them off about what it means to TAKE THE BODY. There is a reason for that haha. As for the wrist injury, I feel your pain! I coach two peewee teams here in Michigan (One A and one B) and finally this year made time to get back into hockey personally. Our team is rippin' up the league, we're 9-0-1 with a 62GF/18GA stats, and low and behold game 7 I blow this guy up on the penalty kill and dislocate a tendon in my wrist... which sling shot across part of my hand and tore the shit out of stuff. Finally out of the cast 4 weeks after surgery with a lame wrist and skinny arm haha. So hopefully we both get the touches back in a few weeks, I WANT TO PLAY! Well I like your blog, and I read Mikey's too. Personally also in the closet like Mike... think the rent's on my teams would flip if they knew heh. Ah well I'll keep reading yours and good luck getting back on the ice.

    Peace - DWT

    ReplyDelete