Monday, January 18, 2010

meat free mondays



Ok so it has been brought to my attention by some friend of mine that the volume of meat i consume is likely not the best idea. What can I say... I like me some meat(no pun intended boys). So I have decided to do Meat Free Mondays & Fridays. For 2 days every week i will not eat any meat. I started on Friday no problem... and today I also managed to not eat any meat. i was about to make that spaghetti sauce i mentioned in my last post but i decided against it cause I would totally end up snacking on some sauce. So im moving spaghetti sauce craziness til Tuesday when I can officially break in the slow cooker some guy left at my house...wow. I sound like my mother. shit. i guess that does really happen eh? So this picture is exactly what I am going to be avoiding every Monday and Friday...but honestly... 7 beef patties? Give it up burger king!

The thing is though... Im like a pretty active guy. I went to the gym today and I played hockey too so I have a lot of food related energy needs... and its hard to replace and nourish this body of mine on vegetables alone... but I ate dinner twice tonight to make up for it... and had a Guiness after :) mmmm beeer. thank god thers no meat in beer or I'd be screwed.

Now that im back at the gym I fully intend to take full advantage of this and actually get some real results. I picked up Men's Health last month and it has this guy Sean Faris on the cover So Im aiming for something closer to that... Im currently about 6'0, 160 lbs.... and its hard for me to pack on weight but Im going to try and get to like 170 by the summer and eventually 180, so if anyone has some really good diet, or i guess the opposite of diet since im trying to get bigger, tips or work out regimes that work for them... feel free to lemme in on your secret.

I dont know if anyone saw the hit from the QMJHL by Patrice Cormier(Team Canada's World Junior Captain) well it wasnt even a hit, it was a dirty cheap shot elbow and the kid he hit was down on the ice twitching and stuff, currently hospitalized with brain trauma. Hes possibly looking at being banned for the remainder of his junior career. stupid. Lucky for him hes already been drafted by the devils. Heres the hit, its from the Quebec junior league hence the French.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn. no meat? check out PETA's website. they might be able to help. http://www.mtd.com/tasty/

    ReplyDelete