Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can I chuck my tree yet?

I know its the 30th of December but I honestly would rather have my tree no longer in the livingroom anymore. It served its purpose dutifully, but I dunno Im kinda over it. No offence tree, you're lovely.

So Christmas was pretty good, the hubby loved what I got him, and since I have a pretty terrible track record at Christmas I tried extra hard this year to shed that image. The surprise piece de resistance was the massive replica of the Starship Enterprise ( the one from the next generation). Saying hes a bit of a trekkie is only a mild understatement... and I like TNG but dont have much patience for the rest of it, and I got him this pretty dope Tiffany's ring designed by Frank Gehry.. its pretty cool.

They just announced the Team Canada Roster for the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. I am so friggin excited!! The only thing that could make me more excited is getting to see the games live... but since that won't likely be happening, I'll be glued to the TV for the last 2 weeks of February(taking a short break to turn 30). I think we have got to be Gold medal favorites... despite the shitty finish in 2006, and despite the fact we've only won 1 gold medal in men's ice hockey in nearly 60 years(which still boggles my mind).. So look out Russians! Look out Americans! Look out Swedes! Look out Finns! (I dont think the Czechs or Slovaks have a remote shot at gold...). Oh and the World Juniors! shit. I wish they split the teams up a bit differently...cuz Canada Vs. Latvia, well its not really much of a match up. We won the game 16-0 and if you don't normally follow hockey or know anything about it... thats one of the most ridiculous scores I have ever seen...(but the Women's teams have demolished teams by 20+ goals routinely). I am a huge hockey fan, live and breathe every aspect of the game, and I totally believe the World Juniors is the most exciting hockey to watch. Its fast, we routinely win the championship, and its packed full of 6'0+, 190+lb, cute guys! Nazem Kadri , Jordan Eberle http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=12350 and theres others.. and how come the cutest ones are also the most talented(Taylor Hall notable exception)?

New Years is coming up!! Going to dinner with some friends at a restaurant across from my house. Hubby has to work so we decided to go to dinner where he works, then come back to mine and keep the party going before I head to my favorite afterhours to dance until well... until I cant anymore.

Later y'all

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, ditch the tree. But recycle it if you can - around here they are turned into mulch.

    I tried to check out the web address but got an error message. Looked at the coverage on TSN. Luke Adam reminded me of some of the big lugs that I went to school with. Not the cutest hockey player I've seen.

    Hope that you have a good New Year.

    ReplyDelete