Thursday, December 24, 2009

Joy to the Ho! etc etc


Well its Christmas Eve, which has completely surprised me.. time flies i guess. All the shopping is done, all the gifts are wrapped... even the ones for the cats... I have two absolutely awesome cats so they deserve a little Holiday recognition.

I'm a waiter and my boss had a little Holiday party at the restaurant last night for his friends and our regular customers which worked out pretty fantastically from a financial perspective for me... I was there until like 3am but made some good cash which comes in mighty handy this time of year.

So the hubby and I are heading over to a friend's place for some drinks and holiday shenanigans or whatever. He made this absolutely amazing gingerbread cheesecake for christmas dinner last year so I asked him to make it again this year and bring it to our friend's place tonight. I cant bake to save my life... I think its because I dont tend to like following instructions. I love to cook however! Its fun to just see what you can come up with by using random things around the house and the results have usually worked out pretty well...i think.

The World Junior Hockey championship starts in 2 days! Im so excited. As far as Im concerned its the fastest, most entertaining hockey you are going to see. Ive been pretty much glued to it every Christmas since I was 14..whch i guess makes it my longest personal Christmas tradition. I'll be huddled infront of the tv watching Canada kick some ass for a few days...a preview for the Olympics where we better win. If we have a repeat of Torino I might have to move. I think we finished in like 7th place that year, which is not ok. Oh! speaking of the Olympics... my friend's niece just made the women's Olympic Hockey team... so if you werent cheering for them before.. start now!

Ok time to get to the grocery store which i hope is still open to get some stuff for Christmas dinner, which i think is going to be just the 2 of us.... Lobster? hmmmmmm...


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy holidays to you as well. I hope that the hockey tournament goes well for the Canadian team so that you have a good holiday. How old are "junior" hockey players - just up to 18 or a little older?

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy hols to you too!

    im pretty sure its just 16 to 19 yr olds in the World Juniors. In the CHL which is the parent league of all the Canadian Junior Leagues its 16-21 but theres a limit to the amount of 21 yr olds you can have..

    Can vs. Latvia tomorrow mornin.. prediction 7-1 Canada

    ReplyDelete