Monday, December 21, 2009

So i don't really read blogs. Like i dont follow them or pay attention to any in particular, but i realized today that Im pretty sure im missing out big style. So while I was in the middle of reading about Mikey, this closeted gay hockey player from Minneapolis, it struck me that I should just start my own.... and maybe that'll get me off my ass and motivated to read other blogs and i dunno just be a little bit more productive. oh my god! We have these tiny little black flies. and i dont know where they are coming from!! my hubby came home with a palm tree a while back and i think they must have been living in it or something but theres loads of the little bastards. I feel like Hunter when hes being swarmed by the millions of bats on his way to Vegas, I honestly kill atleast 4 every single morning...errr afternoon, while watching sportscentre.

Ugh. This has likely been one of the most frustrating 4 months of my life. Hockey is basically my favorite thing in life. Ok its a tie between hockey and good solid house music. Which is a strange combination Im learning... Anyhoot, so hockey, I hurt my wrist years ago at the 2006 World OutGames in Montreal during a game and ever since then its sorta come and gone.. and then this summer while I was at the gym in like June(trying to get muscles for pride hehe) I was apparently lifting too much and something in my wrist completely snapped. I kept playing hockey all the time but Im a centre.... an faceoffs werent really going so well, and I had no strength in my shot... plus my team is supposedly going to the GayGames this summer in Cologne Germany, and I want to be 100% by then..... so Ive had to stop playing to rest it and hope it got better. Well it hasnt. I havent played since September and its driving me INSANE. Everyday watching highlights on tv, I miss it so much. Ive gone for an MRI well for both my knee and my wrist cuz I also have lingering effects from 2 partially torn knee ligaments (tonnes of fun).. I get my results on Jan 12th.. so hopefully its something that can be fixed and if it cant then im just going to go back and play anyway cuz Ive only played like 3 games this year :(

Ok well I have to go get my xmas cards in the mail and finish up the Christmas shopping. which is pretty much done apart from the hubby. Typically i am far from a big fan of the Holiday Season. Actually i find it pretty stressfull. All the frantic hours in a mall, all the money you spend... bla and people are always putting on some ridiculous front of smiling through the pain.... but for some reason... and i really dont know why, Ive really enjoyed the build up for Christmas. Maybe its because im broke as a joke(which really should not make me happy), or maybe its because I know im getting my man exactly what he wants and hes going to be the happiest guy on the planet Christmas morning.. whatever it is I hope its like this next year too cuz i really hate being a stick in the mud.

later gayters.

2 comments:

  1. Well of course you´re missing something, an official welcome to blogging, so here it is, hope it´s the first of many: *ahem* Welcome to blogworld!!

    Know about them injuries, was part of the track and field team in school, four months ago I got injured big time in my ankle, funny enough this morning I tried to go out for a nice run and BAM! all progress gone, it´s just frustrating. Hope you get better for Germany and don´t feel any more pain, not in your wrist, not in your knee, and certainly not while shopping, all three must be unsupportable.

    Great start btw, now keep them coming!

    Love
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Me! :) since thats how you signed it ... i'll just call you me. Wow... wheres Abbott & Costello when you i mean me need them??

    ReplyDelete